EL James is coming out with a companion album of sorts for 50 Shades of Grey ... classical style, not bow-chick-a-bow-wow, body-slapping style.
Unlike the Fifty Shades of Grey “soundtrack” playlist presented on the bestselling author’s official site, this record will feature strictly classical music.
Sadly, it does not include Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis reading 50 Shades of Grey passages, although honestly that could sell millions.
Take a look at the brief video trailer for the album below...
EJ James personally selected 15 works she said inspired her trilogy (Fifty Shades of Grey, Darker and Freed) to include on the special album.
James is “thrilled that the classical pieces that inspired me while I wrote [Fifty Shades] are being brought together in one collection for all lovers of the books to enjoy.”
The album “aims to provide the perfect accompaniment to the Fifty Shades experience, setting a mysterious, alluring atmosphere with just the slightest hint of danger…”
Follow the jump for the OFFICIAL track listing of composers who no doubt dreamed that centuries after their death, their music would be used as the backdrop for Christian Grey ransacking Ana Steele's body night in and night out ...
1. Lakmé (Act I): Flower Duet (Mady Mesplé, Danielle Millet)
2. Bach: Adagio from Concerto #3 BWV 974 (Alexandre Tharaud)
3. Villa-Lobos: Bachianas Brasilerias #5 — Cantilena (Barbara Hendricks)
4. Verdi: La Traviata Prelude (Riccardo Muti / Philharmonia Orchestra)
5. Pachelbel: Canon in D (Sir Neville Marriner/ Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields)
6. Tallis: Spem in Alium (The Tallis Scholars)
7. Chopin: Prelude #4 in E minor, Largo (Samson François)
8. Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto #2 — Adagio Sostenuto(Cecile Ousset, Sir Simon Rattle / CBSO)
9. Vaughan Williams: Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis (Sir Adrian Boult / LPO)
10. Canteloube: Chants d’auvergne, Bailero (Arleen Auger)
11. Chopin: Nocturne #1 in B-flat minor (Samson François)
12. Faure: Requiem — In Paradisum (Choir of King’s College, Cambridge / Stephen Cleobury)
13. Bach: ! Goldberg Variation — Aria (Maria Tipo)
14. Debussy: La Fille Aux Cheveux de Lin (Moura Lympany)
15. Bach: Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring (Alexis Weissenberg)